Rahul Dhali's Engineering Experiance at CSIT DURG22 Jul 2014
Written by Rahu Dhali
talking about my engineering life….!” It was aaawesomeee….!-I was so exited to attend the first day of college, that I reached one hour before time. We were already given all the instructions, - We were taken for the college tour on the first day. It was really exciting and fun moving around with new classmates. - I feel very lucky to have met Pushkar and Yateendra in the beginning of second year. Pushkar is a brilliant student and had helped us a lot in our studies. We happened to become bench mates and gradually we made the best of friends.
-I was so exited to attend the first day of college, that I reached one hour before time. We were already given all the instructions, dress code, etc. at time of admission. So, I always kept that in mind.
- We were taken for the college tour on the first day. It was really exciting and fun moving around with new classmates. -In the beginning, I was a little bit shy and hesitating type of person. So I did not much talk with people on the very first day. however, I met few people that day who gradually became very good friends for the rest of the engineering life. To be specific, Rupesh Wasnik(Mex), Bhanu Das(EI), Prashant Jaiswal(EEE), Onkar Prasad Angare(ETC), Vivek Rathore(ETC), Vimal soni(ETC) were a few people who were imprinted on my mind on the very first day of college.
- All the students were divided into sections. Each section had students from different branches. I was given the PA section and I got amazing classmates in that section.
- I was new to Durg, had never stayed away from home before, the climate of Durg was different as compared to kondagaon, everything was new, so it just didn’t suit me. I attended the few days of college and got fever. So I had to take a long leave to recover.
- Although, I never recovered completely. I always had cough and cold in the first year. I used to take the last seat of the class, so that others may not suffer.
- I never understood a thing in the class. The only thing I knew was to pass somehow in the exam. So never much cared about it. I just passed exams.
- The few moments of first year that I still remember are:
- Presentation in the communication skills lecture. That was the first time on stage.
- Times spent in the workshop and laboratories.
- The Practical exams of first year were really joyful. Meeting new people, doing the work in group, was fun!
- And The end semester examination and its results. I was disgusted to pass by grace.
- One last thing about first year is that we had Sippi Dubey madam as our Dean, She never let us participate in other activities(‘I hated her for that’) but I remember one statement that she made and that was “ For any activity that you do, add a zero and for studies add 1 in front of all zeroes. So if you are studying and you have other qualities, your score would be 100, 1000, etc. but if you don’t study and no matter how many qualities you have you would score 000000,000, etc, which is equal to zero and you are nothing. So studying is most important”.
- It was Starting of a new session. It was the time of entering the branch. It was the opportunity to make alliance with seniors and faculties. It was the beginning of real engineering life.
- In the beginning we hesitated to meet seniors. We were informed to greet seniors whenever we met.
- We were welcomed as freshers. Enjoyed a lot that day.
- I feel very lucky to have met Pushkar and Yateendra in the beginning of second year. Pushkar is a brilliant student and had helped us a lot in our studies. We happened to become bench mates and gradually we made the best of friends.
- I wanted to join the association (COMET), but I was bad at the interview.
- COMET had organised an event named “RHYTHM” that changed the direction of my engineering life.
- I happened to join the college band, just because of Rhythm.
- I was just a novice, just began to learn guitar. But the opportunities I got in college were enough to groom my talent as a musician.
- Thus the second year was spent in learning and all.
- I passed the third semester by grace and the result of fourth semester was also not so good. I was ignorant.
- The great thing with me up till 4th semester was that I never did assignments, my attendance was average and I never attempted more than three units in the exam. Still I passed.
- I did my vocational training from Doordarshan Kendra, Raipur. And learnt a lot of things about television and communication
- Now It was time to implement what we had learnt.
- I spent most of the time in the college band. focused on learning guitar. We went to various other colleges for participating in robotics, exploring horizons, grooming personality.
- We got chance to enjoy trips, industrial visits, etc. These trips helped me to know my class better.
- (I’ll miss my classmates so much!!)
- It was this year that I started participating in various events of college.
- This year was our chance to organize events. We made arrangements to welcome our juniors as well as threw a farewell party for seniors.
- We also organised many events at Laqshya - The national level technical festival of our college.
- I perfomed for the first time as a part of band in Laqshya. It was a great moment for me.
- I also showed my talent in athletics.
- Now about results,,, I failed for the first time in automatic control systems in the 5th. But gradually secured good marks later.
- result of 6th semester was astonishing.
- finally, the final year.
- It was the golden era for me.
- It was the best year of college life.
- There are so many moments that I can keep on writing about it. But I’ll mention only few of them.
- I had an operation in my nose at the starting of this year. After having operation, everything looked so easy. I started breathing.
- I took part in almost all activities of college. Did all sorts of ‘farzi kaam’ that I never did in the past three years.
- Scored great marks in the 7th semester.
- Naveen happened to be a great friend of mine. We did all activities together. We tried to get a winning trophy for our branch but failed.
- The best part is, While doing activities, I made new friends. I finally got into a group. I found juniors who like me so much and I like them too much. I’m gonna miss my little group so badly…!!
- Now recently, I gave my last performance of band. Although the show was super flop. But we were ended up with a sense of satisfaction that we did not quit.
- I am gonna miss my band also..
- And Finally, I got a job in a renowned Company ‘TCS’. Most Glorious moment of my life.
- I am happy about the fact that my friends were happier than me on knowing that I cracked the campus.
- They say that ‘all’s well that ends well’…….
I think this was the best ending of my engineering life.!!!!
That was all about me. There are so many things to write and so many people to thank. But, It will take a lot of time. If I do that, I’ll have to keep doing that……
To my class mates and other friends… best of luck for your future buddies.. and always be happy..!!
Thanks to all the faculties for guiding us all through these years..!!
- Only one more thing to say… that I’m really gonna miss this place.. I’m gonna miss my college days….